The day started off with a couple of long blog posts, which helped keep me busy for a while. However, by the afternoon, I was getting pretty restless. I have been trying my best to stay as relaxed as possible, but forcing relaxation isn’t exactly relaxing. I have been uber vigilant about my medications this round, not that I wasn’t before, but I feel like I have just been paying closer attention. I’m proud to say that I have not missed one dose of anything in the last month, as I feel that with something like IVF that is so out of the realm of what I can control, at least I can control my medicine schedule (which is still dictated by my doctor, but whatever).

Here’s my current medication regimen in pictures: 


Lovenox shot before and after. This is done every morning and I’m getting the bruises on my belly to prove it.
Progesterone in oil taken every night. Yes, that needle is indeed an inch and a half long. Props to Ross for giving this one to me in my hip/butt area. I actually have a lot more pain with the Lovenox, as it burns like crazy for about 10 minutes. The progesterone is in oil and besides the initial prick, it doesn’t hurt even though it takes a full minute to get the medicine pushed throught the syringe/needle.
This is my nightly cocktail of medications, vitamins and supplements. I currently take 4 pills in the morning too, but didn’t take a picture of those.
I wrote a list yesterday to describe bed rest:

1. Boring. 

2. I found out that you can watch Law & Order for 13 hrs straight, if you really want to. 

3. Every twinge in my body makes me think it could be the embryo implanting. 

4. Then doubt creeps in. 

5. Doubt is the enemy. 

6. B.o.r.i.n.g.

7. Bed rest is not what it’s cracked up to be. 

8. No matter how much I thought I’d prepared to entertain myself, I’m still BORED. 

9. At least I have a comfy bed for our guests (I’m set up in the guest room currently). 

10. Doesn’t make me any less ready for a change of scenery. 

They told me to drink a lot of water, so I’ve had 94oz each day of bed rest so far. That’s 3/4 of a gallon, in case you were wondering. I did cave yesterday and asked Ross to bring back an A&W Root Beer for me when he ran out for an errand. Oh, and Pringles, but I was totally bummed when Ross called to say that they did not have BBQ Pringles at the particular convenient store he went to. Not very convenient, if you ask me. My appetite has decreased since I’m literally burning zero calories, so a handful of chips and a few sips of soda was my dinner last night. Yes, I’m fully aware that this is not healthy, but I’ll get back to my regular routine Friday. 

Season 5 of The Walking Dead recently came out on Netflix and Ross and I stayed up late last night watching 4 episodes. Being on bed rest is a bit bizarre to me because I am a relatively healthy person and rarely get sick. It’s such an odd feeling to be confined to your bed when you feel healthy, but I am determined to follow doctor’s orders to do everything I can (aside from the unhealthy diet thing 😁) to ensure a positive outcome. 

I have so enjoyed the phone calls, texts and Facebook messages the last few days! It really helps the time go by faster. I’ll update again tomorrow!