I have a lot to update. It has been a week since I last posted.

The plan is a series of posts today. Hang in there (she tells herself).  😉

We celebrated Thanksgiving here in the States last week. This was my year to be thankful for the kind acts of strangers. My sister and I were headed to my mom’s house and the guys were coming after us with the kids. We had to make a quick stop at the grocery store and as we were getting back into the car, Pepper ran out into the parking lot. I quickly went after her, leaving my sister behind.

Pepper had a great time running through the shopping center while I frantically chased after her. She was getting close to a busy street and I was really getting scared. The area we live has miles and miles of hike/bike/walking trails. As Pepper was running towards the street via the exit, a man suddenly appeared where the trail crosses. He was able to distract her by throwing a chip from the bag he was holding back toward the parking lot and away from the rushing cars.

I quickly thanked him and he continued on his walk with his bag-o-chips while I went racing after Pepper. By this time, my sister had joined in the chase as well. There was a nearby restaurant with an outdoor eating area that was surrounded by a fence. Pepper ended up trapping herself in that area and I was finally able to grab her and carry her back to the car.

As we were leaving the shopping center, I noticed that the local Starbucks was open. I mentioned what a shame it was as my car rolled over a speed bump. Just wait….

We made it to my mom’s house and I had this sneaking suspicion that my phone was not in the car with me. I looked for it everywhere. In my purse, all over the car, my pockets, but it did not take long for me to realize that it was in the parking lot. I still had adrenaline rushing through me from the incident with Pepper. I was a bit tearful about the stupid phone. I headed back to the parking lot, about 10 miles away.

I entered the parking lot the way I exited to back-track my steps. As I crept slowing along, I was soon back to that Starbucks where a woman and a teenage girl were waving me down. It was a bit bizarre, but I drove up next to them and asked if they had my phone. The teenager handed it to me and told me that had just walked up on it as it lay in the middle of the street, likely resting next to that speed bump I mentioned before. She said she was nervous when she picked it up, hoping that it was not broken. Sure enough, there is not a scratch on the phone. I thanked them several time and wished them a Happy Thanksgiving and made my way back to mom’s.

I called my sister told her I had my phone and couldn’t believe it. She shared with me that just after I left my mom’s house, the teen had come across the phone and saw a missed call, which had been from my sister when we were looking for it earlier. The girl swiped and called my sister and explained that they had found the phone and wanted to make sure it was returned. They waited at Starbucks for me and my sister had done such a great job describing what I was wearing and driving, that they knew it was me when I turned into the parking lot. Such a sweet girl with her grandmother!

I have a lot of other things to be grateful for this year. The referral to the Reproductive Immunologist and subsequent discovery of Endometriosis, a successful retrieval, finances to support this huge endeavor, and an amazing support system of family and friends. Despite having to add to the list of reasons we experience infertility, we now have a very specific protocol I will be following to ensure the best chance for a healthy pregnancy. I love my husband with all that I am and cannot wait until we have a child in our arms to love.