I went back to work today, but not before a few appointments. First, at 10am, I followed up at my doctors office for blood work to check my estrogen and progesterone levels. Then at 11am, I had an acupuncture session. I felt the most relaxed at this session compared to the first two. This was a follow up to the transfer and next week I will begin weekly prenatal appointments, hoping that I’m pregnant. My beta test is not until October 13th, but I’m going all in! I was in a bit of a rush to get to the office because I had an assessment with a possible new patient at 12pm. 

Made it throught the assessment in just under two hours and then worked with some of our student interns for about 45 minutes, as one of them was going to facilitate group this afternoon and I would be sitting in. While doing this, I was also catching up on everything that had been happening with our kids since I had been out. Today was also my co-worker’s last day. She has a great opportunity with a behavioral hospital down in Houston and while I am so happy for her, I will really miss her! She has taken me under her wing this last year and I have learned so much from her. As of Monday, October 5, I’ll be taking over her position as Lead Adolescent Therapist. I’m totally nervous, but feel like I’m ready for the challenge. 

My plan was to be in and out of group, but I stayed in for the first hour or so, then saw that one of the patients was upset and took her to my office for some one on one. Back to group she went, but time had flown by and it was already time for aftercare. I LOVE aftercare. This is when teenagers who have successfully completed our program come back on Fridays to join in on the last hour of group and let us know how things are going. Today 2 former patients came. We never know who will be coming, but it is a free service we offer them until they are out of high school. 

When group was over, I walked the kids up to the lobby and saw the mother of a patient who stopped in to give us an update on her daughter and this turned into an hour long session with the mom. So much for taking off a little early on a Friday! It was about 6:30 when I left the office, but I wouldn’t have it any other way! I love working with these kids and their families! 

I saw that I had a text message from my doctors office when I was in the car. They asked me to check my patient portal. I checked it when I got home and the report from my blood work was good and I am to continue with my current medications and go back in on Tuesday. 

Also, and I’ll spare you the picture…you can thank me later, I gave myself the Lovenox shot this morning, like normal. It immediately bled a little, but stopped as soon as I wiped it with the alcohol swab. I didn’t think much of it throughout the day, until I happened to see my stomach later in the afternoon. I had no idea my body was capable of producing a bruise that looks the way it does. It is about an inch and a half in diameter and BLACK. The skin is also raised at the site of the bruise. It’s gruesome, y’all. 

We hung out with our awesome neighbors in the cul de sac after work and then Ross’ sister and her husband stopped by for a while. After they left around 10pm, the real work began. We have painters coming to our house tomorrow to paint just about every interior wall. The furniture has been moved to either the garage or the center of all the rooms and everything has been taken off the walls. Ross has been working on a lot of trim work around the hall bathroom door while I did the manual labor. Don’t worry! There’s still plenty that I did not even attempt to move myself, but I was able to make a lot of progress. We hope that they can get the painting all knocked out over the weekend. This will be the last little bit of work we do in the house for now. We gutted the kitchen back in February and finally got that project done. The bathrooms have also been under construction. I keep thinking the end is near, but the list keeps growing. New carpet, new windows, new baseboards….the list goes on. 

I’ll leave you with a few encouraging statements I’ve seen in the last day or two: